The Quick Prioritisation Tool (QPT) is a leadership self assessment and feedback survey, with a unique approach to prioritising needs, and an easy to interpret report which includes development content.
The QPT Self report and QPT+1 feedback report give busy leaders instant insights to use in 1:1 development discussions at any time.
QPT Self Report
10 minute survey and report to assess your own development priorities
QPT + 1 Report
Self vs Other comparison report with detailed insights and feedback comments
QPT Pulse 365
Unlimited QPT + 1 feedback reports for 12 months. Agile alternative to 360 feedback
QPT for Organisations
Our QPT tools can easily be deployed at scale. Understand leadership development needs across any size group to make best use of your learning budget.
Why people choose the QPT
“I love the prompts and examples provided to help nudge my thinking/reflection.”
“Great self-reflection, very easy to use and actionable.”
“It helped me to rationalise and start to understand leadership in a clearer way.”
The Quick Prioritisation Tool is a self-assessment survey which provides participants with a tailored leadership development report once completed. It enables participants to rate their own effectiveness and identify their development priorities. It can be used by any leader or aspiring leader to plan their development in their current role or prepare for a future role. The QPT Self report includes practical development content to drive on the job learning.
Our QPT SELF report contains 17 pages, including a breakdown of individual leadership development priorities, effectiveness ratings against all 16 My Leadership Strengths capabilities, and a dedicated development section.
The development section includes practical tips to nurture your strengths, coaching questions to raise awareness and learning exercises to build capability on the job. The development content is tailored to each participant based on their survey responses. The QPT features an action planning tool and a 6 point plan to support participants to apply learning easily.
The QPT+1 allows any QPT Self participant to ask a single colleague to complete the QPT survey about them and provide written feedback. The QPT+1 is an ideal way of comparing relative priorities and get aligned on expectations with a manager or trusted colleague.
The QPT+1 report provides clear insights into relative priorities from both perspectives, identifying mismatched expectations with a powerful Alignment Score. The report picks out the common capabilities that both SELF and OTHER have prioritised, meaning 1:1 development discussions are focused on the things that matter most. Written comments provide valuable context.
The QPT +1 report includes dedicated blind spots and hidden strengths pages, which can be used to build more awareness of specific behaviours, discuss feedback and reflect on leadership impact.
The QPT Pulse 365 gives a participant unlimited access to QPT Self and QPT+1 reports over 12 months.
By paying a one off fee, a participant can invite anyone to provide them with ratings and written feedback via the QPT+1 survey when they choose. This can be a manager, team member, peer, stakeholder, client or business partner - the choice is yours!
How it works:
- Participant completes their QPT Self Assessment survey (QPT Self Report is produced automatically)
- Invite a rater to provide feedback by entering their email address via the QPT Portal
- Each time a rater completes the +1 survey a new QPT+1 feedback report is generated, which compares the rater responses with the participant
- The report is sent to both parties via email, and is available to the participant in the QPT Portal
- Discuss the insights from the Report 1:1 using the Conversation Guide and video explainers to support you
- Repeat the process with any rater of your choice over the 365 day period
You can only invite 1 rater per day.
The QPT Pulse 365 is an agile alternative to traditional 360 feedback, but it works differently to 360. A 360 involves gathering feedback from multiple raters at the same time, and presenting the results all together in a report. It often takes a long time to gather this feedback. Feedback is anonymous (not attributable to a specific individual).
The QPT Pulse 365 gathers feedback from a single rater at a time, and presents the results in an instant report. The aim is to provide relevant, useful insights for the participant and rater to use in a 1:1 discussion. Feedback is transparent and open.
You may want to set a time to gather feedback such as each month or quarter, or you may invite a rater at the end of an assignment or project. You can ask the same person for feedback at different points in the year, or ask different people. The choice is yours 🙂
Yes. When you purchase a QPT+1 Feedback Report you will get the QPT Self Report as soon as you complete your own self assessment.
This means that you can reflect on your priorities and access the tailored development content in the QPT Self Report while you are awaiting feedback from your nominated +1 rater.
Updating your self assessment as part of a new QPT+1
If you are doing the QPT+1 for a second time, you can choose to use your existing QPT Self Report, or complete a new QPT self assessment. This may happen when:
- You have been invited to take part again by your organisation, for example as part of a development programme or talent cycle
- You have purchased a QPT Pulse 365 and will be gathering feedback from others at various times throughout the year
In both cases, your original self assessment may become out of date. Whenever you set up a new QPT+1 you will be given the option to redo your self assessment at no additional cost.
You will receive your QPT+1 Feedback Report as soon as your nominated rater has completed their assessment. You will also find a copy in the QPT Portal.
- To send an invitation: Check that you have nominated your chosen rater by entering their email address. Click on the pink 'Invite User' button to send an automated invitation. Navigate to the 'My QPT Reports' tab in the QPT Portal
- To send a reminder: To send your rater the invite personally or remind them, you can copy the unique link from the 'Invite User' page to send your invitation via Email, Slack, Teams, WhatsApp or another digital channel
You can upgrade your QPT Self Report to a +1 Report directly in the QPT Portal. You will then have the option to generate your QPT+1 report based on your existing SELF survey responses, or complete the SELF survey again. All you need is the email address of the Other person that you would like to get feedback from. This can be a manager, team member or peer.
Once both Self and Other have completed the survey, the QPT+1 report is generated and a copy of the PDF report is sent to both parties. The report is available for the participant (not the rater) to view in the portal.
An access code is a unique reference that gives you access to the specific survey you need to complete. If you are completing more than one survey you will have more than one access code e.g. when providing feedback for multiple people.
Once you have registered or logged in to the QPT Portal, go to the Enter Access Code tab and paste in the access code, then press/click Enter.
You will be taken to the My QPT Reports tab where the details will appear under 'Reports to Complete'. If you are providing feedback for someone simply click on the pink 'Start QPT+1 Survey' button and follow the instructions to complete the QPT survey on them.
If you are the subject of a QPT+1 report you will need to do two things:
- Invite a person to complete it about you by adding in their email via the pink 'Invite User' button
- Complete your own self assessment via the pink 'Start QPT Self' button).
The QPT Portal is a password protected online portal where you complete the QPT survey, set up a QPT+1, access your QPT reports and view learning resources. You can purchase or upgrade your report directly in the portal.
Resources in the portal include:
- QPT Self Report video guide
- QPT+1 Report video guide
- Conversation map to download and use when discussion the QPT+1 Report with the person who completed it on you
- Development Plan template to download and use to clarify and track your development goals
For QPT Pulse 365 users there is an exclusive Toolkit section which contains:
- Digital Capability Cards for each of the 16 capabilities including definitions, under used and over played behaviours
- Digital Development Cards for each of the 16 capabilities including reflection questions and self directed learning activities
Yes the survey has been designed to work on any desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. Please note, Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft so please avoid using this browser. We would recommend using Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge browsers.
The QPT survey needs to be completed all in one go and responses are only saved when submitted at the very end. It takes around 10 minutes to complete the QPT self survey and around 15 minutes for the QPT+1 which includes free text comments.
You can view and use both reports without an accredited coach to debrief them, however we do recommend using the video guides to help you to navigate your report.
We have found that discussing your report with someone, which could be your manager, a trusted colleague or an accredited coach is beneficial in order to make the most of the insights and feedback.
We have designed our reports to be clear and simple, free of jargon and easy to apply. In our experience, a debrief can provide participants with further benefits like providing deeper insights and clarifying development actions.
If you wish to find out more about how we can support you to use the QPT reports, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book a meeting directly via Book a Meeting
No! You can be in a formal management role, leading a group of people or preparing for a step up in responsibility. The following people may find the QPT particularly useful:
- Aspiring or newly promoted leaders looking to establish their individual development priorities
- Operational line managers in need of feedback & development tools to support on the job learning.
- Owner/Founders who want to empower others, delegate more effectively and avoid burn out.
- Leaders wanting to clarify role expectations and discuss development with a trusted colleague.
Yes. The QPT survey can be used as a powerful needs analysis or diagnostic survey tool. We can work with Senior Managers and the HR, OD and L&D team to analyse survey responses across any group. We can provide bespoke reports to pinpoint priorities, gaps and themes to input into leadership development, talent or succession plans.